This soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling! It has a zesty blend of freeze dried corn and quick cook black beans to make up a Mexican favorite that will make you say ‘Ole’! Add a can of crushed tomatoes (with chilies or jalapeños if you dare) along with some chicken for a special treat. Serve with corn bread and tacos to make a great Mexican meal. How about a Margarita too?
Makes 2 Quarts: 8 servings
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Contains: freeze-dried corn, black beans, onion, garlic, green chiles, herbs and spices
Allergen Info: Gluten-free ingredients. This product is produced on equipment that also handles peanuts, soy, tree nuts, eggs, and wheat.
- Add fat free or low fat chicken broth
- Top with low fat shredded cheese
- Substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
- Substitute cubed tofu in place of chicken
- Add an extra cup of cubed chicken
- Add fresh salsa
Crock Pot Instructions
- Cooks in about 30 minutes. No crock pot needed!